Sure, pedicure season is over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t splurge on a cool-weather manicure. Before rummaging through the pages of your favorite beauty mag for fall nail art ideas, pamper your hands with an at-home moisturizing treatment. Your healthy, hydrated hands will thank you — and your nail art will look even better. Here’s what to do:
Prep for Beauty
Start by washing your hands with a moisturizing, antibacterial hand soap. Use a bamboo nail brush to whisk away any dirt that’s lingering under your fingernails. When you’re done, rinse your hands with warm water and use a soft towel to pat them dry.
Next, massage a small dab of creamy (room-temperature) coconut oil into your hands, ensuring that you moisturize each inch. Once you’re covered, slip your hands into a pair of moisturizing spa gloves and relax while the oil nourishes and hydrates your skin and nails.
After 30 minutes or so, remove the gloves and choose which of these fabulous fall nail art ideas you want to try at home!
Inspiring Autumn Themes
Photo Source: Flickr
Think of your fingernails as canvases that you can paint to celebrate everything fall has to offer. From holidays and cool, crisp weather to the robust shades of the season, there are so many options. Here are a few ideas to spark your creativity:
- Draw tiny orange pumpkins on each nail.
- Flaunt shimmery metallic copper- or gunmetal-hued nail polish.
- Apply maple-leaf appliqués to a solid-colored manicure.
- Try a tri-colored ombré white, orange, and yellow design to resemble candy corn.
- Use a black nail-polish pen to create silhouettes of fall trees.
- Paint each nail a different fall hue: cocoa, rust, mustard, evergreen, cranberry.
- Get artsy and draw tiny owls on each fingertip.
- Stick rhinestone spiders on a bold, orange manicure.
- Do a black- or red-tipped French manicure.
Have you already been trying out some festive nail art ideas this season? Tell us about your creations in the comments below, or a share a photo on our Facebook Timeline!
Like our blog? You’ll love being an ecoinsider. Join today and save 15% on your next order!