From your choice of clothing to the music blaring from your smartphone, your personality shines through to the world around you. Wouldn’t it be great if you could convey some of that personality with your makeup, too? Here are three back-to-school styles that will show off your inner beauty while you hit the books.
Fresh and Focused
If you prefer an understated look to enhance your great features, keep it clean and minimal. Strive to make your skin flawlessly smooth and add a pop of color to your lips.
- Face: Use a sheer foundation or primer to minimize any blemishes or sunspots left over from soaking in the summer rays. Finish with a light dusting of powder using a retractable kabuki brush to give your skin a soft finish. Tuck the brush into your purse for midday touch-ups.
- Eyes: Use a palette of earth-toned eye shadows in hues ranging from robust chocolate to creamy, light latte. Apply the eye makeup in an even sweep across each eyelid. A neutral brown liner can be used to define your eyes even more.
- Lips: Keep your lips kissably soft by applying a lightweight lip gloss with a colorful tint, such as cranberry or plum, to draw just enough attention.
Seasonal and Trendy
Do you update your makeup bag each season? For fall and winter, layer on the rich color with bronze-inspired tones.
- Face: After smoothing your complexion with a liquid foundation, sweep on bronzer for a sun-kissed glow. Aim for a color one or two shades darker than your skin and blend the edges around your jawline with a bronzer brush.
- Eyes: Try two-tone color. Choose a shimmery copper hue for the main lid coverage, then highlight the crease with a darker tinge to add depth.
- Lips: Finish this cool-weather look with a lip tint in a saturated color such as mango or coral.
Glamorous and Seductive
If you want your back-to-school look to draw all eyes to you, try on makeup that gives you a daytime red-carpet appeal. Every aspect of your makeup should pop.
- Face: Create a healthy glow with a creamy foundation finished with a dusting of sheer powder. Top that with a light layer of powdered blush on your upper cheekbones.
- Eyes: Go for a classic tri-tone smoky eye using light slate, dark gray, and black. Blend the eye shadow well to reduce any visible lines among the three colors. Finish with black mascara and eyeliner.
- Lips: Top off your look with a bold lipstick in a classic cherry or apple tone. Finish with a dab of clear lip gloss.
Have you started experimenting with your back-to-school makeup? Share in the comments below.
Photo Source: Flickr