- Neutral Face – The key to pulling off a bold lip is letting the focus stay on the mouth. Keep your other features neutral with browns and taupe eye colors and barely there blush.
- Highlight – To further accent your lip color, take a little highlighter or shimmering cream and blend it into your cupid’s bow just above the lip line. Make sure you blend well, this will help draw even more attention to your lips.
- Exfoliate – Bold colors and dark hues show off lip flakes more so than lighter lips. Use a lip scrub and your fingers to gently exfoliate away any flakes and peeling. You can also make your own scrub with a little olive oil and sugar, and then use a soft toothbrush or your EcoTools® facial sponge to gently exfoliate. If you want to swipe on a lip liner, do so after you’ve exfoliated.
- Use a Brush – The next key to creating a bold is precise color application. First thing is first, grab a detailed lip brush. Using a brush to apply color gives you a richer swipe, more control, and smoother lips.
- Line Lips – With a dark or bright color, the last thing you want is for lipstick to bleed or feather. Make sure you use a lip liner. You can use the straight edge of your lip brush to line lips or grab a pencil in a matching color. If you’re not a fan of matching liner, try a clear or nude one.
- Use Confidence – The most important thing in pulling off a bold lip? Lots of confidence! You can wear it anywhere. The look commands attention, so it’s great for a big presentation, a day in the city, or date night. Just remember to smile and feel fabulous!
Voila! Now you’re ready to head out. Make sure to cap your lip brush and pop in in your purse you’re your color for touch ups! Need more tips for creating a perfect lip or the flawless face to match? Check out this great video tutorial.
Lip Colors Shown: Red: Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick. Pink: Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Coeur Sucre. Burgendy: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Venom. Liner: By Terry Terrbly Lip Liner
Photos from: Etsy.com